Couples are increasingly choosing to live together often believing they have some form of “Common Law” rights which is not the case. Here at McHale & Co we are happy to provide you with advice helping you avoid potential hazards.
Once you are considering living together or already live together a Living Together Agreement can be invaluable as it can provide certainty with regard to the division of property, income, assets and debts. It can also avoid expensive legal arguments and additional stress if your relationship does not work out.
We are also able to offer a discounted Fixed Fee if our Conveyancing Department has or is assisting you with a purchase or transfer.
What is included in the Fixed Fee:
- An initial attendance with an experienced Family Solicitor confirming the implications of the agreement and what information is needed from you;
- Straightforward advice in connection with issues you may wish to consider and may have overlooked;
- Drafting of all documents and letters to both parties;
- Obtaining the signature of both parties and storing of the document;
- Direct Contact with your Solicitor throughout the process.
In order to keep our Fixed Fee as low as possible we assume you have agreed the general nature of the
What is not included in the Fixed Fee:
- Detailed discussions about what agreement to make or negotiations about the contents of the agreement;
- Detailed consideration of all financial information and whether the agreement is a fair and reasonable one.
We are however happy to assist you with any additional work which will be discussed and agreed with you beforehand and where possible a fixed fee option will be offered.
Usual Fixed Fee Fixed Fee referral from Conveyancing Dept
Legal Costs: £750.00 Legal Costs: £ 550.00
VAT: £ 130.00 VAT: £110.00
Total: £1,165.00 Total: £660.00
How to Pay
We can take payment in cash, via cheque or by card. We require payment of the Fixed Fee at the start of your matter.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 0161 928 3848, or fill in the online contact form.