Any regular gifts you make out of your after-tax income, not including your capital, are exempt from Inheritance Tax. These gifts will only qualify if you have enough income left after making them to maintain your normal lifestyle.
- monthly or other regular payments to someone
- regular gifts for Christmas and birthdays, or wedding/civil partnership anniversaries
- regular premiums on a life insurance policy – for you or someone else
You can also make exempt maintenance payments to:
- your husband, wife or civil partner
- your ex-spouse or former civil partner
- relatives who are dependent on you because of old age or infirmity
- your children, including adopted children and step-children, who are under 18 or in full-time education
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 0161 928 3848, or fill in the online contact form.