Our fees cover all of the work required to complete a sale of your home including drafting the contract, dealing with enquiries, redeeming a mortgage, dealing with estate agents.
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from you accepting an offer until the sale completes will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8 – 10 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are selling to a first-time buyer with a mortgage in principle then it could take 8 weeks. However, if the person buying your property also has a property to sell and there are numerous parties below them all with properties to sell, this can take significantly longer, between 12 – 16 weeks. The chain will only move as quick as the slowest person in it.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have listed the key stages:-
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Send out our client care pack to you with initial protocol forms for you to complete and return.
- Obtain title information documents from the land registry.
- Prepare and submit contracts to the buyer’s solicitors.
- Deal with any enquiries raised by the buyer’s solicitors .
- Discuss with you any enquiries raised and obtain further documentation from you should this be required, such as planning documents, ground rent information, service charge information and management packs if you are selling an apartment or a property on an estate where there is a management company.
- Obtain a redemption figure from your current lender.
- Send final contract out to you for signature.
- Agree a completion date.
- Exchange contracts and notify you this has happened.
- Prepare an invoice and completion statement.
- Receive monies on the day of completion, discharge any mortgage and pay any estate agents fees on your behalf.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 0161 929 3086, or fill in the online contact form.