Cancer is a disease that affects a high number of people, which comes in various forms and can cause huge emotional distress. The disease can be successfully treated, although early and correct diagnosis often plays an important part. If a diagnosis is missed when it could otherwise have been detected, or if it has been diagnosed incorrectly, a compensation claim could be made.
At McHale & Co, we understand how difficult it can be if you or someone you know is suffering from cancer. If this diagnosis should have been spotted earlier, or there has been a misdiagnosis, it can only serve to increase the hurt. This is why our dedicated legal team is committed to supporting you every step of the way as you seek to claim the compensation you deserve.
Call us today on 0161 928 3848 or fill in the online enquiry form on this page and we will get back to you.
Causes of diagnosis delay
There are various reasons why the diagnosis of cancer is not made as early as it should be, and some of the more common include:
- Carelessness on the part of the medical professional
- Overstretched workloads leading to vital signs being missed
- Incompetent medical professionals
- Medical professionals failing to diagnose an illness they have little experience of
Examples of human error contributing to this include:
- Misinterpretation of test results
- Symptoms not being thoroughly investigated
- Patients with a family history of cancer not being checked properly
- Failure to immediately refer a patient to a specialist
As well as delayed diagnosis, there is also the potential for misdiagnosis. Both can have very serious consequences, and so compensation represents one way to help recompense for any pain or suffering caused. Not only can a misdiagnosis cause physical harm, it may also have long-lasting psychological effects.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 0161 928 3848, or fill in the online contact form.